Monthly Archives: February 2022
Seriously, we don’t.
I was asked on Discord today why some languages require semicolons and others don’t, and this is one of those surprisingly deep questions that to the best of my knowledge hasn’t been answered very well elsewhere:
- Why do some languages end statements with semicolons?
- Why do other languages explicitly not end statements with semicolons?
- Why do some languages require them but it seems like the compiler could just “figure it out,” since it seems to know when you’ve forgotten them?
- Why are they optional in some languages?
- And, of all things, why the weird shape that is the semicolon? Why not
So let’s talk about semicolons, and try to answer this as well as we can.Continue reading
- Q. What is crypto?
A. Real cryptography is a difficult and important branch of mathematics. Crypto is a pyramid/Ponzi/MLM scheme — a scam designed to steal your money.
- Q. What is Bitcoin?
A. Bitcoin is a scam. It is a sophisticated computer program designed to steal your money by convincing you to trade your money for a magic